About Gracias Choir
The Gracias Choir was founded in South Korea by people of various musical backgrounds who wanted to thank and praise God through music for the love they had received.
Established in 2000, the award-winning Gracias Choir continue to challenge the landscape of choral music, as well as advance among its ranks at an unprecedented speed. Gracias Choir’s music is always inspired by the love and thankfulness each member holds dearly to their hearts and their calling to praise God. Gracias has the unique ability to touch the hearts of its audiences and turn sadness into joy.
One bold musical color created through self-sacrifice; harmonious sounds birthed from the essence of the soul; and lives changed through the transformative power of music. That is the Gracias Choir.
Milestone Performances and Engagements
|January 2008||Gracias Christmas Cantata performance at Sydney Opera House in Australia|
|September 2007-2008||Performance Series at the Theater at Madison Square Garden|
|July 2009||Performance at Eisenstadt Haydn Hall commemorating the 200th year anniversary of the death of Haydn|
|February 2010||Special Concert by personal invitation for the President of Paraguay at Palacio de Lopez|
|July 2012||Performance at the 11th China International Chorus Festival & IFCM World Choral Summit Opening Ceremony held at Master Card Center in Beijing, China|
|August 2013||Special Concert by personal invitation for the President of Tanzania at the Presidential Palace|
- Grand Prize, 2009 Jeju International Choir Festival
- Grand Prize in Mixed Chorus, Silver Prize in Women’s Chorus, and Best Conductor’s Prize,
2010 Busan Choral Festival & Competition
- Plaques of Appreciation from New Orleans Local Council, 2011 and Mayor of Delmas, Haiti, 2012
- Grand Prize, 13th Concorso Corale Internazionale Riva del Garda, 2014, Italy.
- First Prize, Montreux Choral Festival 2014, Switzerland.
- The First Prize at the 14th Marktoberdorf Choral Competition in Germany, as well Romantic Choral Work Prize